Friday, June 16, 2017

Cliff Palace....

I had an 11 am tour time for Cliff Palace.  The drive from the hotel is about hour to an hour an a half.
I had an excellent breakfast at the diner and began my journey.  The drive to the National Park was quick but the winding road to the sight took most of the time.

I got there about 10:15, went to the bathroom and read on my kindle. The tour Ranger gave an good introduction and we were off. There were some stairs while going up was no problem  but due to my dept perception issues I took it slow. At one point, I felt a younger man's hand  on my arm helping me. I tried not to feel too embarrassed but was grateful for the help. The average person even older individual without health issues would have no problem. There were two ten foot sturdy ladders to climb to get to the cliff dwelling.  At some sections, they have hand railing which were great. I can't understand site that welcome millions of tourists but do not wish to provide any type railing due to the historic nature of the sight.
This dwelling as I hope the pictures capture is one of my favorite sights in America. You actually saw how the people here built houses with different room and even religious places to storytelling and worship called Kivas.





No comments:

Post a Comment